ETICS. EXTERNAL THERMAL INSULATION COMPOSITE SYSTEM
What is the ETICS façade?
The External Thermal Insulation Composite System (ETICS or EIFS) is a set of constructive actions that aim to improve the performance of the thermal envelope.
It was born in central Europe as a façade rehabilitation resource and is currently also applied in the construction of new construction due to its proven advantages.
Although it was born as a resource to protect yourself from the cold, it is currently used in hot areas, because generating a "fridgecalorie" is more expensive than generating a calorie.
Advantages of ETICS systems:
- The creation of condensation, whether interstitial or superficial, is prevented.
- They are impermeable to water and permeable to water vapour.
- Thermal bridges in beams, slab fronts, pillars are suppressed.
- Guarantees protection against adverse weather factors (rain, fog...)
- The thermal inertia of the building is increased, maintaining thermal stability inside the houses.
- It maintains the thermohygrometry of the building stable.
- More economical than the ventilated façade, and unlike the latter, the aesthetics of the building are maintained when it is rehabilitated. It allows the reconstruction of mouldings, geometric shapes, and even the colour of the original building.
- As it is an action on the outside of the building, the square meters of the houses are not reduced.
- They improve energy efficiency, with savings between 40 - 70%, contributing to a reduction in CO2 emissions, for which they receive important subsidies.
- Improves acoustic comfort inside homes.
Disadvantages of ETICS systems:
- The time required for the execution of the work is high, since the installer has to carry out about eight performances for each square meter, due to the steps to follow, for its correct installation.
- Due to the grip of the mortars on the cementitious layer, and due to the dragged dirt, it is possible that periodic repainting is necessary.
- Damages due to ball blows, scratches, blows, etc.
- Defects in the subsequent installation of air conditioning systems, gutter downspouts, etc., which implies a new performance by the ETICS professional to fix them.
- Fire risk, eliminated by the revision of the TBC of September 2020, with the obligation to install fireproof insulation and mortar, increasing the cost of materials, something that to date had not been done.
- Repair difficulty.
- Worse auction against the carpentry, if these are installed after the action of the ETICS, requiring the intervention again of a professional installer of the ETICS.
- Compromise of the system since a façade can reach 80 Cº on hot days.
What are the advantages of the efficient TABIHAUS ® construction system?
By rehabilitating the building with the TABIHAUS® Prefabricated ETICS System, we eliminate the disadvantages of traditional ETICS.
1.- The TABIHAUS® system is extremely fast in its installation, reducing the work per square meter in 4 actions.
2.- In the tensile tests, the result after 7 days with the mortars, obtained an average value of 0.40 N/mm2. This very high value, together with the application of water-repellent finishes, significantly reduces the risk of dirt on the façade, and the need for repainting.
3.- With the very high load-bearing capacity of the TABIHAUS® system, and the null appearance of cracks when drilling, defects in the installation of air conditioning systems, gutter downspouts, antennas, etc. are solved.
4.- The TABIHAUS® system has an extraordinary surface hardness, so it is not affected by daily blows, such as balls, scratches, etc.
5.- It is not necessary to install fireproof insulation or mortar, since the system itself provides protection against fire (EI 120 or EI 180). This significantly reduces the cost of the materials to be provided.
6.- In case of repair, simply change the affected panels, installing again using screws and sealant. A simple and fast performance.
7.- In carpentry finishes, only the installation of a TABIHAUS® System plate is needed, in the form of a jamb, so the carpentry installer himself perfectly adjusts the system.
8.- The panels of the TABIHAUS® System have a very high refractoriness, which prevents the thermal envelope from absorbing heat on hot days, stabilizing its behaviour against thermal stresses.
9.- According to the good planning code to avoid condensation, materials with less resistance to the passage of water vapor must be placed on the cold side of the enclosure. The TABIHAUS® Efficient Construction System is designed according to this concept, avoiding any type of condensation (superficial and interstitial), without the need for further action, thus reducing costs and installation time.
Do not hesitate to request more information at:
Las Norias Industrial Estate,
Muel (Zaragoza - Spain)